Tuesday 15 March 2016

Random Tesco shopping

This evening I had to run down to Tesco (when I say run, I mean go on a very slow stroll - I don't run.) to get some lunch for tomorrow when I'm going on a trip with school. Cause, you know, I couldn't just make my own sandwiches (who even does that??), I had to pay for the ridiculously overpriced ones from the supermarket. However, I have been mentally creating a shopping list for quite some time now of just random bits that I need to get - and when I say need, I mean want. So when I was in Tesco, I couldn't just limit myself to the meal deal section, I had to go and explore the magazines, and then the body lotions, and then the makeup and then the skin care... and this happened. It may not seem like a lot, but I'm dangerously low on funds at the moment so this little Tesco splurge really wasn't a good idea!

So first up is the thing that I actually went there for - my lunch for tomorrow! I don't think you particularly care about what I will be eating, but tough, I'm going to tell you anyway. I bought a chicken and bacon ceaser (I think that's how it's spelt...) salad, cause I can actually be healthy apparently. It had lettuce leaves and everything! However, massive scandal, it was on the meal deal stand (a sandwich, a drink and a snack or something for £3) yet it wasn't actually part of the meal deal! So I had to pay about £5 for it, which I thought was a little outrages! I also got a bottle of Pepsi Max, cause that's my favourite drink of the moment and they didn't have any normal bottles of water and a bag of Doritos, because everyone loves Doritos don't they?
Just along from the meal deal stand were the magazines, so I went and picked up my favourite two at the moment. I bought Ideal Home, because I love interior design, and these are so thick they take me ages to read, and last me a really long time. I get a lot of enjoyment out of them and have been collecting them since the end of 2014. I then bought Look magazine which is my favourite fashion magazine because it is very much high street based, with very little interference from designer stores, so everything is actually quite lovely and realistically priced. I don't buy it every week, because I just don't get around to it, but I really enjoy when I do get it!
I then went to the body lotion-washes-cleaning-nice-smelling section because it was just beckoning me from the magazines. I am getting dangerously low on my favourite Honeycomb hand and body moisturiser that I have been OBSESSED with since just before Christmas. There is a back story, but I won't go into it because I'm planning to write a separate blog on that soon. However they didn't have the moisturiser (I really hope they haven't stopped selling it!) so I got the bath and shower gel for £3, and then got the body butter as well (because to be honest, I don't really know the difference between a moisturiser and a body butter - I swear they do the same thing!). That was £4, which I thought was a little overpriced, and it isn't even a very big pot for a body butter.

Then I just happened to be by the makeup so I decided to go and see what they had. I don't usually get makeup from Tesco, because the one I go to has a very small, limited selection, and is often quite a bit more expensive. I wanted to go and see the new range of nail polishes that I know Rimmel have just released (yay!) and was delighted to find that they were only £4 each. To me, that is actually quite a bit for a nail polish, but they are £6 at the moment in Superdrug, so I thought that I should try it at the lower price before it goes up! They also had the new Rimmel mascara for quite a bit less then in Superdrug, so I'll be going back for that! I bought a relatively pale nudey pink colour to try it out because I've never tried a gel polish before, in the shade 021, New Romantic. I then also bought the top coat, because I feel like that is pretty essential.

Next I turned around, and oh no, I was by skin care. I have just used up the very last drop of my beloved Simple cleanser and have been meaning to rebuy it, but decided to give something new a go. That was clearly the reason, and not the fact that it was the cheapest one there... I bought this Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 wash and mask, which I thought sounded quite interesting. I haven't used anything by Neutrogena before, and I just thought that the idea of being able to use it everyday as a face wash, but also being able to use it as a face mask if you fancy a bit more of a pamper evening quite intriguing, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

I then had to go and pick up some tights, because I go through tights faster than anything in the entire world, literally, and I just always need to buy a pair. Which is a little annoying, because they're £4 for a pack of three! Which I suppose isn't really that much... but come on people, its a necessity!

I then went to pay, but these very skilfully placed sale rails caught my eye just in front of the tills, and I had a little flick through which resulted in me purchasing this (very odd looking in the photo) black turtleneck. I don't think its particularly thick, but I just really liked it because it feels really soft and slouchy and bouncy, and just quite cosy. I've never actually owned or worn a turtleneck before, so I'm looking forward to getting lots of wear out of it, and possibly returning to get some more colours before the sale ends, because £4 each really isn't that much!

So that was my little quick Tesco's shop that kind of spiralled a bit... I am now going to go and snuggle up in my turtleneck and paint my nails!

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment