Tuesday 8 March 2016

Foundation of the month - February

Foundation: Air Mat Foundation
Brand: Bourjois Paris
My shade: 01, Rose Ivory
Price (from Superdrug): I can't actually remember... I can't find it on the website either!
Rating: 5/10
For the month of February I was using the Bourjois Air Mat foundation. Let me just start by saying that I actually didn't use this very much - I actually only used it a few times because it was obvious straight away that this colour (which is the lightest one they do) is wayyyy too dark and quite orangey, and just really doesn't work with my skin tone. That is literally the only reason for the low rating I gave it, because other than that it seemed like a great foundation! Looks like I'll be saving it for the summer however...
I'm pretty sure that this is the first matte foundation that I have actually ever tried, and I'm really looking forward to trying a lot more! I just feel like they suit me quite well, because I'm not a huge fan of powder (though I do love my trust Rimmel Stay Matte a heck of a lot!) and most of the time that I have worn this foundation, I have just completely forgotten to add powder, because it looks like I already have it on!

The coverage is actually amazing - I really like it! It is really thick (so avoid if you don't like those sorts of foundations) but for me, who has a lot of pesky teenage blemishes and huge amounts of horrible redness, this is a godsend. It just coats the face like a blanket, covering everything up nicely,

The lasting power is also really really good. It says that it has 24 hour hold, and I can't say that I've worn it that long, because I like to be tucked up in bed at a reasonable time, but for the length of time that I have worn it, it has held very well, and didn't go sticky or anything like I thought it might.

And of course, like pretty much all Bourjois products it smells amazing. I am terrible at describing smells, but it just smells really fresh. It isn't particularly fruity or floral, its just very springy.

You really can't take anything I've said here as solid facts because I've worn it about three times, all quite a while ago now when it was actually February! I am so annoyed though, because it's such a good foundation that I just can't wear! I do feel very bad about the low rating... Sorry Bourjois, but please have more than three shades available in future!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment