Wednesday 16 March 2016

Charity shop dresses

I have been trying hard recently to push myself and my boundaries constantly, and to not allow my nervousness and anxiety fears to stop me from doing things that I want to do. Because of this, I have been trying hard to do things that I suppose I had discounted a long time ago as something that I just couldn't, wouldn't and shouldn't ever do. Which has recently for me been clothes shopping.

I can't really explain why, but I find the thought of it, of catching the bus and going to the big busy shopping centre with people everywhere trying and buying clothes is something that I just can't really handle. This also extends to shops closer to home, like charity shops.

For those of you who don't know (although I don't see why you wouldn't) charity shops are shops that people donate all of their old things and clothes to, and then get sold again with all the money going to charity.

I used to love charity shops. I'd go in there and look at the toys and brick a brack and DVDs, but recently I haven't really had much to go in there for.

That was until a few weeks before Christmas when I was out with a friend and we went into a charity shop together and had a really good time, looking around at all the clothes and seeing what was there.

I have always dismissed the clothes in charity shops as kind of gross, and stuff for a more mature lady, and I've never thought that they're for me. But then after going in with my friend, I realised that there are actually loads of really nice things for all ages and styles - I always give my old clothes to charity shops, why did I think that nobody else did?

But I find charity shops really tough to go into. Again, I can't explain why, but there is something about them... I just feel like I'm not supposed to be there and that people will judge me because I'm too young, or too silly or.. I don't know. That's just the way my mind works.

Anyway, you didn't come here to here about my anxiety, you came because after all this, I was brave and I actually bought some dresses!

The first one that I bought was from Barnardos for £5. It is just this really pretty summerly floaty dress with a gorgeous pink-purple floral pattern. It has an elasticated waist, which I love and some cute little butterfly sleeves - and I just love it! It was originally from Primark, so I probably didn't save a huge amount, but I would've definitely bought it if  had seen it in Primark.








The next one is actually really similar to the first one in the style of it. It was from Cancer Research and also has an elasticated waist
 and floaty butterfly sleeves, and was £6 I think. It just really stood out to me with the super cute red bows all over it and white polka dots, I just thought that it's something a bit different. However, it is really quite short, so I'll only wear this with leggings or really really opaque tights. It was originally from a brand called Shikha London, which I discovered does an great range of dresses, all for around the £30 mark! Barginous!




The last one has got to be my absolute favourite. It is what I can only describe as the ultimate summer dress. I saw it and could just picture myself wearing it somewhere hot and exotic on the last night of the holiday, toasting with my family and an amazing tan. It was from Scope and was £7.50, and has this beautiful scalloped high neckline and embroidery, with a little waistband which then leads down to a full circle skirt. It has loads of embroidery along the hem and its just so pretty, I love it loads! It was originally from River Island, which is normally wayyyyyy to intimidating for me to enter!




I washed them after I bought them (because you can never be too careful with a charity shop) and I've already worn one to a family do! I'm very much looking forward to wearing all of them a lot!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment