Thursday 3 March 2016

I just don't get photography

Ello ello ello! It's been a while ain't it? I'm sorry for not uploading in a while, but I have just been so super busy recently. It was my birthday last week, which was absolutely amazing, and then I had a party and since then I have been drowning under work, and I just (sadly) haven't had time to write!

Oh, and another note before we begin, I just want to say that February was an absolutely amazing month for my little blog here. I don't know why or how, but we some how ended up getting more than double the number of views we've ever had in a month before! Go us! Thank you so much for your support, and please continue to read and enjoy everything that I do here. Oh, and tell all your friends about how amazing it is over here! Lets have an even better March!

Now, on with the post!

I just don't understand photography! It doesn't really make sense to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love art. I love the power of a painting and how you can completely loose yourself within one. I love to draw, and paint (though I'm not very good!) and be creative in general.

But I just don't understand photography.

I know that it probably doesn't make sense that I am so passionate about art, but then just have a complete grey area where photography is concerned.

I suppose, I just don't understand what makes a good photograph. What is it about a photo that enables it to be 'good'?

I've heard all about lighting and composition and shadows, but I don't understand if these things are good or bad and what makes them this.

I see people gazing at a photograph, saying how amazing it is and how powerful it is, and I literally see a sad looking boy.

I genuinely don't mean to be offending any readers, because I'm sure that your work is incredibly incredible and that it is a lot harder than it seems, it is just that I don't know anything about it.

You will have seen if you've been around here for a while that the photos I include aren't anything particularly special, being in focus is pretty much my limit as far as good photography goes!

When it comes to doing proper photography... well I'm just terrible at that! I don't know how to compose and set things up and get the right filters and give it the right look. Selfies are my limit.

When I do have to take photos in art lessons for a project or something, I hate it. Last time, I actually refused to show my teacher my photos because I was ashamed and embarrassed by them, and I knew they weren't something I could look at and be proud and enthusiastic about.

But I want to learn. I am trying. When I see a photo, I take longer to observe it, taking it in and trying to understand it and all the hidden meanings. I follow so many photography accounts on Instagram, and I just search 'photography' in Pinterest 95% of the time.

So, please, leave me tips and information and whatever you want in the comments down below, I would love to hear your opinions on photography!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment