Sunday 2 July 2017

April, May and June Favourites 2017

I have returned from the dead! Or, you know, returned from exams, which is basically the same thing. And I am returning today with an explosion of a post whereby I talk through all the things that I have been loving in the past three months. Now there is a lot of stuff to get through and we are all aware of my outstanding tendency to ramble for England, so I am going to try and be as sharpish as possible!

First up, beauty. I haven't tried out a huge amount of stuff recently but there are a few things that I have really enjoyed using. The first of these is an old classic, the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. I don't know what it is about this foundation but I have just been reaching for it again and again. It covers blemishes without being too high coverage and is really lightweight so doesn't feel heavy or sticky which is a definite bonus during exams.

Next, I have two contour products. I have never really contoured before but have recently fallen in love with it. This Contour Stick by Model Co is a really nice colour, it applies really easily and blends out nicely if you just want a subtle contour. I have also been loving this Collection Highlight and Sculpt Kit. The highlight isn't my favourite, but I really love the contour powder, again it just applies really nicely and is super easy to blend.

Lastly in the beauty category, I adore this trio of Primark nail varnishes. The colours are just absolutely amazing, I'm especially obsessed with the centre coppery one. They look like molten metal on your nails and are actually amazing quality considering I got all three for £2.50!



The next section is definitely the biggest, its the TV that I have been loving. As we all know, exams are the perfect time to discover some new gems as you have all the extra time from insane amounts of procrastination. And believe, some true gems have been found. First of all, Dance Moms. I cannot tell you how many hours of this show I have watched, but to give you a rough idea, I have watched two episodes a day for two months - I just can't get enough. If you ever think that your life is bad, go and watch an episode of Dance Moms and EVERYTHING is put into perspective. And the drama! I have been on a rollercoaster of emotions with that show.

How I Met Your Mother is one of my favourite sitcoms and is just amazing to unwind to. I have also discovered TOWIE, of which there are 17 series on Netflix (I've just finished series 2, quite a way to go yet!). It's absolutely hilarious and again, something great to unwind to. I also love Project Runway, I find it completely fascinating and I just pray that Netflix put up more series! I need more Tim Gunn in my life! RuPaul's Drag Race is another one that I have enjoyed, I find it really interesting because I never really knew anything about Drag Queens or that side of the LGBTQ+ community before, and I think RuPaul is simply fabulous!

And lastly, I can't NOT mention the queen of them all, the show that has stolen my heart once again: Love Island. A few weeks in and I already care more about all of those people than any of my friends or family. I know its trash, but it's good trash and it is just the best thing in my life at the moment!

 I've read quite a lot of books recently, some of which I may write separate posts on. I was completely stunned and amazed by Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman, and I can completely see why it is so raved about. I've read a few books by Sophie Kinsella, who is great if you just want something light to unwind to. And one of my all-time favs: Goodnight Mister Tom, you'll never find a book that touches your heart more, that I can guarantee.

And finally, recently we have seen a little bit of sun! Well, around 30 degrees worth. I love the sun, I think it makes everything so much more positive and summer clothes are so much prettier than winter clothes!

I had a lot of other things that I wanted to talk about, but I had to edit a lot. Now that I'm back, I'm back with a vengeance and I'm going to be annoying you by uploading A LOT of posts!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment