Sunday 16 April 2017

April 2017 Glossybox

It's that time of the month again folks - it's Glossybox time!

The very first product in my Glossybox this week is a sample of the Elgon Deliwash Cleansing Conditioner. This is a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner that is designed to enhance curls and leave them free from frizz - which, for those of you who know me, is something that I really need! I have used this twice already on top of my usual shampoo and conditioner (I know, that's not how it's supposed to be used), and to be honest, I haven't really noticed a difference at all. I have quite a lot of hair, so I think that I need to use more than the suggested amount, and I will definitely stick with it because I am very curious! I also love the smell of it, it smells amazing. It reminds me of the perfume my sister always wears (which I think is Poison by Dior, in case you were wondering!).

The next thing is this ModelCo Contour Stick. I was really excited when I saw this and it was actually the very first thing that I reached for, but me being me obviously meant that in my very first opening of it, I dented it and got it everywhere. Good job. Anyway, first of all, I love the smell again. This smells quite chocolatey and just very desirable I guess. Now, I'm not going to pretend like I have the slightest clue what I'm talking about, but I was a little concerned that it seemed too warm-toned to be a contour, and that it looked much more like a bronzer colour. However, I have used it once of twice already and the colour doesn't seem to be too much of a problem. It blends out really nicely and so far, I am really enjoying using it!

The very next thing I was also very excited about! It is this SportFX Definition Duo Eyeliner Pencil. I hardly ever use liquid eyeliner because I am really lazy and there isn't enough time in the mornings and because it's always raining in winter and I always have a weepy eye in summer. So, as a result of this, I very often end up using pencil liners, and I really enjoy using them. I was really happy when I saw that this came with a brown pencil as well, because I haven't ever really used one before. So far, I have found the precision and the skinniness of it to be really useful. I've had a little trouble with them being quite hard and tough to apply, but I have really enjoyed using it and wearing it. It's also meant to be self sharpening - I don't know quite how that works, but it makes me excited!

The next product is this Merci Handy Love and Hand Cleansing Gel, which is a really posh way of saying hand gel. Mine is in the smell (or flavour?) Lollipop, and I absolutely love it! I wouldn't say that it really smells of a lollipop, it's just very fresh and almost citrusy, and I definitely my kind of smell. I don't really use hand sanitizer, but I will definitely be popping this in my school blazer, to keep my hand sanitized throughout the day! The only criticism that I have is that it comes out of the bottle very fast and you may end up getting too much. However, that may just be me squeezing too hard!

And the last product that I received in my Glossybox this month is the Rodial Glamolash Mascara XXL. I received a kohl eyeliner by Rodial a few months ago and I absolutely loved it, so I had very high hopes for this. However, honestly, I don't think it's that great. Don't get me wrong, it's a good mascara, it's lengthening and thickening, it just isn't as good as the Maybelline Lash Sensational, for example. I'm not sure it's worth paying £24 for the full size one, but I will really enjoy using this little sample!

That is everything that I received in my Glossybox this month. You may have noticed that I waited a little longer than usual to write about it, and that was so that I could give you more of an actual review on the products, rather then talking about them randomly. Actually, that's a complete lie, I have just been super busy recently, but I guess that it works for both reasons!

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment