Tuesday 4 July 2017

What To Do?

Now not to brag or anything, but I'm already on my summer holidays, and I'm pretty darn smug about it! Although if anyone is jealous, just remember that I had to take a hella lot of exams in order to earn this!

However, I am learning that after the first few weeks of unwinding and promming, I literally have nothing to do for the next 10ish weeks.

Part of me is very excited by the idea of endless days of nothingness where I can just feast on trash TV all day, everyday. I have my eye on Riverdale, TOWIE, and I also want to re-watch Pretty Little Liars and Once Upon A Time.

I have spent the past two years or so working on re-doing my bedroom, which I am very excited to say is drawing to a close. Yesterday, I assembled my final piece of IKEA flat pack, and it was a proud moment. I just have to get rid of my old furniture and then it'll be all done, ready to be showcased here as a before-vs-after post - one which I am very excited about!

However saying that, part of me is very sad that it is over. I have been planning and saving for so long that it will feel as though I have lost a good friend when it's finished. Maybe I'll just have to start planning for the next redecoration!

I'm not going on holiday at all this summer, and the only other event that I have planned is Guidepost in a few weeks (WHOOP WHOOP!), so I am really at a loose end.

I seem to spend most of my time on Pinterest, looking for something to do. Don't get me wrong, that is an amazingly fun and incredibly fulfilling use of my time, but I wonder if I need a little something more...?

Since I finished making my prom dress (yesterdays post), I have been looking for another sewing project to undertake. I have been thinking about attempting a coat or jacket because I have never made something that complex or that requires tailoring skills before. However, the problem with dressmaking is that its actually quite pricy - patterns for coats are the most expensive patterns to
buy and coat fabrics are no picnic either!

So I suppose what I want is a long-term activity that is really fun and ideally free. Not too much to ask for really. I did ponder writing a novel or discovering the meaning of life or something, but frankly, that just sounds like too much effort and I am a teenager.

As a result of all my rambling, it appears that I have come a full circle and ended back up at plan A, and should therefore spend the majority of the indefinite future watching Netflix under the duvet.

I apologise for wasting your time with this fairly useless post, but hey, if you have any ideas please do not hesitate to inspire me - I am in dire need!

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment